Dynamics CRM is the Microsoft's CRM package which promotes sales and marketing in an organization. Dynamics CRM is based on XRM platform and it supports .NET framework. It supports the client server architecture and it can be integrated to Microsoft SharePoint and implemented on IIS server to provide web based solution.
Some of the common modules found in the software are opportunity management, sales process management, order management, quotes, sales force management, email /direct marketing, email response management, case or service management, e-mail management, searchable knowledge base and marketing campaign management.
Microsoft has also announced a latest version of Dynamics CRM which will be released in the second half of 2010 and the new solution will contain features to provide native integration with WSS, have grid with child records and parent records, and provide auto filter features to sort the records like in Excel.
Some of the features of Dynamics CRM are -
1. Dynamics CRM provides out-of -box solution for sales and marketing management. The users can click customization and use the application as per their requirements, and the workflow can be automated to streamline business processes and to reduce time taking tasks.
2. It provides highly flexible solution which can be used to improved operational efficiency and it also supports multiple deployments. It can be deployed on-premise, Microsoft hosted (in North America) and partners hosted.
3. Dynamics CRM improves scalability, and performance and it helps in load balancing and run parallel inbox processing.
4. It can be directly hosted and provide solution to end customers.
5. Dynamics CRM enables the company to stay in touch with the customers from the first contact to the post sales phase.
6. The business automation tools and processes enable easy work. It supports multi language, multi currency and multiple time zones.
7. It provides the employee fast service to get updated data on mobile from the web browsers or laptops.
8. It provides multi tenancy feature, improved security, direct mail merging and data importing from various other databases.
9. It provides quick and easy access to data, and it allows users to create new information.
10. It has strong integration to Microsoft office products which makes it easy to be used and implementation. It allows the employees to get information from the CRM office system applications such as Excel and word processing.
11. It can provide fast and easy data and it can provide context sensitive information to get data in the forms. One can see the data without changing the screens.
12. The flexible and easy to use-interface allows the use to communicate with customers and also to collaborate.
13. The platform allows defining relationships between various entities such as money, people, service and items, and it also helps to manage information and interaction.
The configuration of mobile technology is complex process and it requires a dedicated continues running server computer. Management of email service is a complex procedure. The integration of CRM to other business software is required to benefit from it and if integration is not achieved - it gets difficult to use the solution.