Epicor was founded in 1984 and it is a leading provider of ERP in mid market range. It provides solution for manufacturing, distribution, hospitality, retail and service industry, and it was one of the first solutions which released an SQL server based accounting solution. It has been providing solution in Europe, America and Middle East, and it provides multi currency features, localization and internationalization features. It has been gaining customer satisfaction due to low cost of implementation and maintenance.
Epicor serves customers across 140 countries and it supports more than 30 languages.
Some of its common features are -
1. It provides strong manufacturing modules, supply chain management and retail modules.
2. It is suitable for companies having branches across various parts in the world.
3. It can easily provide cross border solutions and features such as multi company, multi branches etc.
4. It provides an integrated customer relationship management.
5. It has a service oriented architecture and support web technologies.
6. It can provide end to end solution to improve efficiency, performance and to provide competitive advantage.
7. It provides more than just a traditional solution .It manages complex functionalities with ease and provides complete versatility.
1. It provides on-demand solution for finance and accounting module, and it can be used by organizations without worrying about security of data.
2. It provides complete user security and protection to control the data and to ensure the rights of users.
3. It provides ledgers and modernized accounting reports.
4. It supports electronic funds transfer and promotes advanced calculations and entries.
5. It provides fast and cost effective solution.
Its manufacturing module is designed to support discrete manufacturing processes such as make-to-order, configure-to-order, engineer-to-order, mixed mode and make to stock processes. It provides an easy solution to emerging companies to improve manufacturing.
The manufacturing module includes planning, job costing and scheduling, financials and many other modules.
There are 3 solutions provided by Epicor in manufacturing
1. Vantage to meet the requirement of companies supporting make-to-order and mixed mode processes. It is an out-of-box solution which provides support production, procurement, planning, installation, service etc.
2. iScala is designed for small division and subsidiaries. It is designed for multi company corporations and for trading across borders. It is built on .Net technology and therefore supports web based solution.
3. Vista provides the new accounting and manufacturing solution, which is designed for emerging manufacturers, job shops or for make-to-order departments of large organizations. It provides easy navigation, gives many drill down reports and icons for simplicity. The multi dimensional solution helps to manage the need of multiple industries which includes industrial machinery, electrical equipment etc.
It provides centralized CRM, improves sales and service management. Product configuration is rule based and it can provide real time production management. Support product lifecycle management, embedded advanced planning and scheduling, it supports lean initiatives, support supply chain management and global deployment.
The major advantages of Epicor are its suitability to mid-sized organizations and cost of implementation.
Epicor provides an updated manufacturing but the software suffered implementation issues, navigation problems, it has not so convenient user interface and failures have been reported in the past.