SAP Business One is based on client server technology and it is suitable for SMEs. It promotes multiple functionalities and enables mapping businesses to provide end to end solution. SAP Business One has mainly 15 core modules which include Finance, Sales, Purchase, Material Requirement Planning, Business Partners, Human Resource Management and Services.
SAP Business One provides a single solution to manage various processes and it helps in streamlining various processes. SAP B1 is small and easy to use package designed to improve productivity and profits of a company.
SAP Business One can be integrated using the SDK components and it can provide COM based interface for easy integration to other applications.
Features of SAP Business One
1. SAP Business One provides a number wizards to compete tasks easily and some of the wizards are Payment wizards, MRP wizards etc.
2. SAP Business One provides easy customization as the users can add fields as per the requirement of the organization.
3. Multi currency, multi language and multi company features are provided which makes it suitable to be integrated to global organizations having branches in many countries.
4. The organization can easily see the current exchange rate and find out the reports based on everyday's exchange rate.
5. One can manage the international transaction charges using the features and find out the expenses on customs and import or exports.
6. Support for production orders, warehouse, location and issues can be used to store the products.
7. The software can be integrated to Microsoft Outlook to enable ease of use.
8. The reports are generated through XL reporter and the software has the Excel style user interface which also provides facilities for drag and drop. The tools can be used to design dashboards for every user and see the primary performance indicators such as sales booking, revenue, accounts receivables etc.
9. The embedded CRM module provides support for sales, customer processes and it can provide many functions across the company. The online features of CRM module helps in increasing sales.
10. B1 offers workflow based alerts which can be monitored by users and the users can take actions based on the events.
1. SAP Business One suits the requirement of small and mid-sized companies and as compared to Dynamics, SAP can be adjusted to meet the requirement of an organization whereas Microsoft Dynamics one may not provide out of box solution.
2. The drill down features and the customized user defined fields can be used to generate a number of reports and it can suit the complex requirements of an organizations.
3. For small and midsized organizations it provides many features and is very easy to handle.
4. The complete system and business activities can be streamlined and the software is quick to install and easy to use.
1. High customization can make any software heavy and it also reduces the performance of the software.
2. Exchange fluctuation is not calculated transaction wise and it takes in only one rate of a day instead of updating every minute as per market conditions.
3. Local government rules and regulations have to be entered into the system to get the changes every year although there are many local software products which provide the changes in regulations automatically.
4. Problems regarding handling of decimals have also been reported.