SAP Business One and Microsoft Dynamics are two ERP products, which have almost similar modules and features. Both the software products target mid-market and small sized organizations and contain modules such as financial, inventory, purchasing, project, manufacturing, payroll, system and company.
Advantages of Microsoft Dynamics GP
1. It is also called Great Plains and it is one of the first accounting packages developed on Windows 32 bit software. It possesses multi-user features and it can be easily integrated to Microsoft products such as Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. The feature makes it easy to use, whereas, SAP is still working to be integrated to Microsoft Office applications such as Microsoft Retail Management System, SQL Server, SQL Express Edition, FRX, Small Business Server, Microsoft CRM and Windows Server.
2. The software provides solution which can be exchanged beyond geographical boundaries and it enables easy access of functions from different locations at any time.
3. It helps in automating business tasks and is reliable software.
4. GP can be integrated to SQL Queries, Web portals, SharePoint and users may not require training to use the features of the software.
5. The CRM module can easily promote the products of the organization through outlook and allow the organization to be in contact with the customers.
Advantages of SAP Business One
1. B1 can provide a traditional user interface and it allows immediate access to every feature whereas GP provides role based individualized templates and views. It also allows the user to see the information flow and protect sensitive data. It improves efficiency of the organization through the out-of-box modules which can be integrated to the third party applications.
2. It provides web based tools just like GP and the users can access customer information from any part of the world.
3. The software can be used to meet the changing needs of an organization as it has been built on the top of B1 Platform which helps in customizing business.
4. It provides integrated business management and delivers unified view of business information.
5. The source code of the software cannot be accessed by third party as only one version of software will be available with the client and hence, it can provide improved stability and unique functions.
6. SB1 was bought by the company to provide multi currency and multi-country features to mid sized and small companies. The product provides solution to manufacturing and production units and it can also work as subsidiary of a large organization.
7. It can be integrated to Microsoft Outlook as a client through SMTP and it can use the features of Microsoft Office.
8. It ensures easy adoption and it has a reduced risk of technology obsolescence.
9. It does not require investment on expensive hardware and network systems.
10. B1 provides reports through ISV solutions and GP provides reports through Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services.
11. SAP reports can be generated in Excel formats and it can also be integrated to Crystal Reports and XL Reporter. It acquired the creators of Crystal Report which has further strengthened its ability.